Parental control software
The internet is a global network that connects users together with software and protocols. The internet offers users a number of services including electronic mail, and the ability to access information even in remote areas. There are a number of high level services but unfortunately the reality of the situation is, you do find online internet predators such as pedophiles, stalkers and sex offenders. Another problem encountered with computers is children tend to spend hours surfing or playing games, thus neglecting other areas of their life. It is said that a child’s psychological growth is determined by how their parents relate to them and situations.
Hopefully with parental control software the recent studies showing that children are becoming more introverted by constantly being in front of their computer, can now somewhat be curbed.
Most parental control software can include any or all of the below features specifically for when a child is online:
- Internet conversation logging – usually both sides of the conversation.
- Integrated scheduler enabling parents to easily but invisibly monitor their children when absent from the home.
- Window activity logging – captures all information that was viewed by your child.
- Printed document logging, logs information on documents sent to the printer spool.
- Some have a VCR style playback function that detains features of what your child has been doing.
- Enables you to block websites you would prefer your child not to visit.
With parental control software you can now gain control of your child’s access on the computer. You can control when they use the computer, the amount of time they spend on the computer by automatically logging your child out at a specific times, say for instance at bed time or during study times and can easily divide computer time among siblings to prevent ongoing fights.
Another advantage of most parental control software is that it remains invisible to the user.
Before buying research the products available on the market, and purchase the parental control software best suited to your needs. Some are easier to install and to use, others more difficult, so obviously purchase that best suited to your computer knowledge.
All content © 2005 - 2013 typesofsoftware.com