Bar code software
A bar code is an identification system that is be read by a computer. Though there are several variations they all consist of printed patterns of lines and spaces, which record information such as price and batch number as a binary code. A computer-based cash register or point of sale system are able to read bar codes optically.
There are a variety of reasons why one would require bar code software in a business:
- Bar code production software generating the actual bar codes
- Bar code data collection software Collecting data from bar code readers, magnetic strip readers etc The type of data collection software you need depends primarily on your bar code scanner output, of which there are several types.
- Database and inventory control software Storing data collected from bar codes. Generally the most important part of any bar code framework is the collection of data in a database. The whole point of the introduction of bar codes is to remove slow or error given entries
Basically you can determine which product to purchase just by knowing your needs. Bar code software without much difficulty produces good quality graphic images of bar codes that can usually be imported or pasted directly into a program e.g. Microsoft word or publisher, Adobe, Quark etc. It can get quite involved so its always best to research exactly what you need.
Several types of output:
- Keyboard Wedge output or USB output
- RS232 output (includes some RFID scanners)
- TCP/IP output (includes some RFID scanners)
If you are not too clued up on the technicalities of things, there are bar code software packages available that are fast, simple to install and requires not much background experience. Bar code software can be manufactured for first time databases straight from the keyboard, portable bar code scanners, current Microsoft access databases etc... The express check in or check out proficiency maintains quick and trouble-free processing of asset issues, receipts, returns or moves. Once can assess current and past records for any items and at any time derived from location, department, employee, status or any other criteria. As in the case of all software, bar code software is licensed per computer. In other words if you will be printing from various computers in house you will have to buy multiple licenses for each computer.
Bar code software and equipment advances cost-effective and computerized identification results which will enhance any business's productivity
All content © 2005 - 2013 typesofsoftware.com